Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LEL #3-#4

Career and Technical College Math Skills

1. Interest level

Like for the other LEL, I chose a mathematics course which interest me much. Unlike the first one, Course 1: Basic Concepts in algebra, this one was not easy. It was a great mental challenge and this is mainly why I liked it.

2. Difficulty level

This course was about my level, but it didn’t include advanced mathematics. It was mostly hard division like divisions with decimals: 2.9 ÷ 0.8758 for example, or simply complex equations.

3. What I learned (3 points)

I didn't learned much following this course. It is more a practice or level evaluation course.

4. My score

For this course, I did have a grade which is quite high: 97%. I am not surprised by this score since I am pretty good at mental calculus.

5. Course rating (/10)

I would give a 7/10 to this course because it is quite hard, but it isn’t accurately named. It isn’t Career and Technical College Math Skills: it’s simply mental calculus skills.

Grammar Skills 5: Basic Written Communication Skills

1. Interest level

For the other LEL, I followed Grammar Skills 4 which was to easy for me. This time, I chose Grammar Skills 5. It was not as interesting as the other one. It was way longer and
the questions were not as clear.

2. Difficulty level

This course was not too hard for me, but it was hard to get the good answer. Most of the course was about simplifying sentences and most of the time the correct answer was so short it didn’t mean anything.

3. What I learned (3 points)

- I learned that the intellectual look of a sentence isn’t always positive.
- I learned many different ways to avoid pejorative man and woman distinction.
- I revised mostly all I learned about writing in my French classes.

4. My score

I didn’t get any score for this course, there wasn’t even practices with marks like in Grammar 4 course. I guess that as I knew most of the theory of the course I would have had about 75-85%.

5. Course rating (/10)

I would give a 8/10 to this course because even though there was no tests or anything, the theory was well explained and there was a lot of content.

1 comment:

  1. Some very good comments. Well done! There are some spelling and punctuation mistakes, however. 16/20

    ReplyDelete